Book Giveaway Extravaganza: Magpie Seriescomments (48) July 22nd, 2013
We are giving away six different copies from the Guild of Master Craftsman's Magpie series. These books are ideal for all who can't get enough of 'shiny, pretty things.' Included are step-by-step instructions and photographs that will help you make them just right the first time. Suited for all skill levels, anyone will be able to make these personalized gifts for loved ones or for yourself. With a few simple techniques, you can have fun creating a masterpiece in nine steps or less! Learn how to use different materials to create all kinds of stunning accessories.
- Rings by Melanie Blaikie: Learn how to work with beads, charms, wire, buttons, fabric, and polymer clay to make dazzling adornments for your digits.
- Earrings by Tansy Wilson: Twenty inexpensive projects that will turn buttons, beads, feathers, and shells into beautiful earrings to complete your outfit.
- Necklaces by Tansy Wilson: The collection provides inspiration and helpful tips along the way, with a project to suit every personality. From the sophisticated Audrey, the sea-themed La Mer, to the 60s inspired Funky.
- Hair Accessories by Sarah Drew: From a seaside headdress to a vintage button barrette, the projects mainly use found objects such as vintage beads, buttons, fabric, and even pine cones and Lego to create stunning hair accessories by plaiting, gluing, and wirework.
- Bracelets by Joan Gordon: Each project offers you creative ideas for using different materials and methods, including sparkling beads, lucky charms, and delicate shells.
- Brooches & Pins by Louise Compagnone: From tape-measure rosettes to Bakelite button cardigan clasps, these simple projects will teach you to cast, sew, knit, felt, bead, paint, print, engrave, and invent your own darling brooches.
Take part in one of our largest book giveaways!
Leave a comment on this post before the deadline-11:59 P.M. EDT, Friday, August 2, 2013 and you could take home one of six copies from this Magpie series. The winner will be chosen at random and announced via email the week of August 5, 2013.