SewStylish Spring 2014 is Herecomments (0) January 27th, 2014
The Spring 2014 issue of SewStylish hits newstands February 4, and it has tons of inspiring patterns, techniques, and more! Here's a quick round up of the techniques and projects you can expert to find inside the Spring 2014 issue. You can also preview SewStylish Spring 2014 here.
- Spring Fashion Forward. Three designers play with one pattern's possibilities.
web extra: Add a quilted lower sleeve
- Origami Inspiration. Customize your designs with contemporary folded details.
- Power Strips. Energize a garment with easy fabric piecing.
- Right-Angles Design. Create chic clothes from rectangles.
- Boho Blouse. Draft and sew a carefree top.
- Sweet Spiked Tote. Make a faux leather bag with candy-colored embellishments.
web extra: Free, downloadable templates for your sweet spiked tote
- Terrific Stitches. Readers' tips for hand or machine sewing.
web extra: Quick tips for improving your stitches
- Fast and Easy Hems. A dozen handy finishes for your garments.
- Keep It Light. Simple seams and edges for floaty fabrics.
And of course, you'll also find our regular departments:
- Cool Tools. Pleating tape, sewing supplies, and a variety of books.
- Designer Insider. All-star Auld: Anthony Ryan talks about his career since Project Runway
- Fabric Lab. Designers take suede into new fashion territory.
- Trend to Technique. Sew or embroider two textiles into one high-fashion fabric.
- Couture Know-How. Match prints across seams with a basic hand stitch.
- Fast & Fabulous. Create a design on your favorite jeans.
web extra: Print your free dragonfly stencil template
Don't forget, you can also preview SewStylish Spring 2014.