How to Make Leaf-Print Napkins for Your Holiday Tablecomments (7) November 14th, 2013
Nothing says autumn more than the harvest colors of fallen leaves. Make these simple napkins to dress up your holiday table and capture the fleeting beauty of fall.
If you don't want to make the napkins, skip the "Making the Napkins" instructions and print leaves on solid napkins you already have.
What you'll need (makes four napkins):
- A selection of leaves in different shapes (make sure they aren't too brittle)
- 1 yard solid cotton or linen
- Waxed paper or newsprint
- Sponge brush
- Fabric paint
- Rotary cutter and mat
- Sewing machine and thread
Printing the Leaves
1. Lay your fabric out on a large, flat surface. Make sure your surface is protected with waxed paper or newsprint.
2. Lay out another small sheet of waxed paper, and lay one leaf front side down on it.
After you make this project, show off your work to other members!
Post your project in the gallery
Dare to Make It! Holiday
We dare you to make your own gifts and decorations this holiday season!
Find inspiration and exciting how-to projects to get you through the holiday season in DIY style.