Shopping for Jewelry Supplies on Etsycomments (4) April 23rd, 2008
Etsy is a great place to find crafters' handmade work, but it's also a fantastic resource for tracking down jewelry-making and beading supplies. Whether you're looking for something ultra-specific or just what catches your eye, the supplies section of the site has all kinds of incredible craft materials to browse. Here are some things that I've learned in my many trips to the site. Remember, sometimes just browsing around you can find something amazing. Take a look and tag your favorites—you can narrow things down from there!
- Try searching for particular types of things that you're interested in, like a vintage charm, glass bead,or handmade clasp.
- Within those categories, try adding color or style descriptors to your terms, like “vintage bird charm”,or "blue glass bead."
- As you're browsing within a subcategory, like those above, you can sort by price with the pull-down menu on the top right of the page.
- Etsy also has a handy little list of search suggestions on the right side of the page.
- If you see something you like, why not check out the seller's other items while you're at it? Sellers sometimes combine shipping or offer other deals for multiple purchases.
- Keep sellers whose offerings you like tagged as favorites so you can always find their shops again.