Make It: Beaded Stitch Markers!comments (1) November 9th, 2008
For a quick little holiday gift for a crafty friend or a useful set for your own knitting, grab your pliers and make up some fun little beaded stitch markers! You can use any beads that you like, as long as they don't have sharp edges that could catch on your yarn, but I especially like to use lighter-weight beads in bright colors for easy knitting-around.
For a set of four stitch markers, you'll need:
- Four eyepins
- Four assorted colorful beads of your choice
- Seed beads
- Four large jump rings
1. Stack one seed bead, one colorful bead, and another seed bead onto your first eyepin. Now you'll transform it into a bead dangle by creating a wrapped loop with your pliers—here's a video I made to show you how!
2. Repeat step 1 to make three more bead dangles the same way.
3. Now use your pliers to open each of the four large jump rings.
4. Slip one bead dangle onto each one and close the rings securely.
For gift giving, how about putting the set of stitch markers on a strand of wired tinsel or a pretty ribbon? You could also slip them right onto a chain or neckwire for a fun assorted-beads-pendant look, so the lucky knitter will always have her stitch markers close at hand!
After you make this project, show off your work to other members!
Post your project in the gallery
Dare to Make It! Holiday
We dare you to make your own gifts and decorations this holiday season!
Find inspiration and exciting how-to projects to get you through the holiday season in DIY style.