Baby Hoodie Week 5 - Finished Product!

comments (3) November 14th, 2008 in gallery     

Pin It

cirone cirone, member
Love it! 4 users recommend

I had to modify or omit a lot of the finishing instructions because I didn't have enough yarn to make a buttonhole band (and wasn't sure how it'd look with the stripes) or edging.  But I think it turned out okay.  I used the remaining blue yarn to slipstitch trim on the hood, and I used remaining brown yarn to single crochet a border on the fronts and edge the sleeves.  I don't have 5 matching buttons, so I'm just going with one.  Maybe I'll try attaching a zipper to it in the future.


This turned out a lot cuter than I thought it would!  I'm ready to make another one...though this time with the same kind of yarn, and plenty of it so I don't have to stress about rationing it.  Part of the fun of trying to craft without buying things, I guess =)


Pattern or design used: Dare to Make It! Crochet-Along: Week 5
posted in: gallery

Comments (3)

LindaPermann writes: Oh, it came out so cute! I really like the way you rationed the yarn-- I think it's fun how the sleeves have wider blue stripes. Adorable!
Posted: 9:40 pm on November 17th
MichaelaMurphy writes: Very cool. I love kids clothes done in black--sweet!
Posted: 10:17 am on November 15th
DIYMaven writes: Cute! It has a rocker/skater-boy (or girl) quality about it!
Posted: 9:17 am on November 15th
You must be logged in to post comments. Log in.