To Do: Felt Club Holiday 2008, this weekend!comments (0) November 14th, 2008
One of my very favorite craft fairs in the country is this weekend in Los Angeles. This year it's at the Shrine Auditorium and there are nearly 150 awesome vendors. One of those nearly 150 vendors will be me with my little ol' craft company, my imaginary boyfriend, and we are very excited! Crafts and Leslie Hall and DJ Lance! It's like Felt Club read my diary!
I'd love it if you stopped by and said "hello!" I promise to say "hello!" right back!
From Organizer Jenny Ryan over at Craft:
This weekend is the third annual Felt Club holiday craft fair. CRAFT is a proud sponsor, and will have a booth--yay! Here's what you can look forward to at the event:
• Nearly 150 amazing vendors offering the best in indie craft and design
• DIY Workshops with the Urban Craft Center & Quarry Books
• Embroidery 101 with Sublime Stitching's Jenny Hart
• Jewelry Workshop with French General's Kaari Meng
• Handmade Nation documentary sneak preview screenings
• Recycled Giftwrap Booth with Reform School
• Special Musical Performance by Leslie Hall
• Full snack bar including sandwiches and salads, pastries and coffee, and a full bar!
• Music Provided by DJ Lance Rock (Yo Gabba Gabba), Dirty Robot & Mr. Cocoon
• Hosted by three-time Martha Stewart guest, L.A. "histotainer" Charles Phoennix
PLUS: Swag bags for the first 250 visitors, door prizes, book signings & more!
Admission is free for kids 13 and under, for everyone else we're asking a $5 donation at the door. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Handmade Nation, the forthcoming documentary film chronicling the rise of art, craft, and design.
Our balcony will also be hosting a second, separate event, Swap-O-Rama-Rama, a recycled clothing extravaganza!
FELT CLUB: HOLIDAY 2008
Sunday, NOVEMBER 16, 11am-7pm
@ Shrine Auditorium Expo Center
700 W. 32nd St., LA CA 90007
Dare to Make It! Holiday
We dare you to make your own gifts and decorations this holiday season!
Find inspiration and exciting how-to projects to get you through the holiday season in DIY style.