Holiday Button Napkin Ringscomments (5) December 15th, 2012
These shiny, pretty napkin rings are just the thing to add a little sparkle to your holiday dinner table. And they're super quick and easy to make, so they won't take more than a few minutes away from your holiday cooking and crafting, either.
You'll need (for each ring):
- One sew-through button of your choice (I used a shiny mother-of-pearl button, in two different sizes for my two rings)
- 30 inches of 20-gauge craft wire
- One empty toilet-paper roll
- One wired leaf embellishment
1. Slip your sew-through button onto the craft wire about 3 inches from one end. Begin wrapping the wire around the toilet-paper roll and bring it around a total of three times, so that the button section is on the top of the cylinder at the center and the wire coils lie underneath it.
2. Place the leaf embellishment from one side to the other across the top of the ring, so its stem is tucked under the button, parallel with the wire coils. Hold them in place together with your fingertips or by clamping one side with your pliers.
3. Begin wrapping one wire tail around the three wire coil strands and the leaf stem so that they're joined neatly, just at the outside of the button. Wrap three or four times until they're secure. Clip the extra tail flush with the coil. Angle the leaf diagonally if you like.
4. Now repeat step 3 on the other side of the button. That's it!
After you make this project, show off your work to other members!
Post your project in the gallery
Dare to Make It! Holiday
We dare you to make your own gifts and decorations this holiday season!
Find inspiration and exciting how-to projects to get you through the holiday season in DIY style.