How to Make Heart Sachet Setscomments (10) December 25th, 2008
4. Set your sewing machine to a straight stitch and sew around the heart shape, leaving 1-1/2 inches unsewn for filling.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to assemble the other two sachets.
To fill the sachet:
1. Mix 1/4 cup of lavender with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of rice (depending on how full you want your sachets to be). Insert a funnel into the unsewn part of one of the hearts and pour the rice and lavender mixture into the sachet.
2. Machine-sew or handsew the opening shut.
3. Use your pinking shears to trim the excess fabric all the way around the sewn heart, taking care not to cut into the seams.
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 to fill the other two sachets.
After you make this project, show off your work to other members!
Post your project in the gallery
Dare to Make It! Holiday
We dare you to make your own gifts and decorations this holiday season!
Find inspiration and exciting how-to projects to get you through the holiday season in DIY style.