Resparkle Your Old Ornaments: Round Threecomments (1) December 21st, 2008
Here's the third version in my collection of simple glass ornament redos: First I added rhinestones for sparkle, then wired up a little charm necklace. This take on the same idea is the quickest and easiest of all—just add some fun, graphic glittering stripes across and around the ornament using double-stick tape!
- One plain glass round ornament
- Double-stick tape
- Glitter in a contrast color (I used a turquoise blue against red, but any combination you like would be great)
1. Decide where you want your stripes to go. I chose to do one horizontal and one vertical stripe like a wrapped gift. Add a piece of tape to the first place you have in mind. (You can also add all the tape before glittering, but I liked seeing how it looked with just one stripe at a time, so I divided it into two steps. If you want to do multiple colors, definitely do it in stages.)
2. Pour some glitter into a shallow plate or onto a newspaper or another protected work surface. Roll the ornament over the glitter, rotating it so the tape is evenly coated.
3. Add your second piece(s) of tape where you want the next stripes to go. Repeat step 2 to glitter that area, too.
4. Brush off any extra glitter on the glass surface with your fingertips and hang it on the tree!
After you make this project, show off your work to other members!
Post your project in the gallery