How to Embellish Flip-Flops with Crochetcomments (15) June 20th, 2012
Who knew you could add style and comfort to an inexpensive pair of flip-flops with simple crochet stitches? This project is simple and instantly gratifying—and the yarn really does feel better on your toes than a rubber strap. Add a fun button for the finishing crafty touch!
Here's what you'll need:
• A pair of plain flip-flops (I got some cheap ones at Michael's, but I suggest going with an Old Navy or Target pair for a sturdier option.)
• Small amount of yarn (Play with textured and variegated options for the most fun. I used Fiesta Yarns' "La Luz Multi" in Tequila Sunrise. It's 100 percent mulberry silk and oh so soft on the feet.)
• Crochet hook in a size appropriate for your yarn (I used size F-5, 3.75 mm.)
• Two big buttons or any other sew-on embellishment
• Scissors and a yarn needle
Fold the yarn about 8 inches in from the tail end to form a loop. Place this loop under the outer edge of the strap (as near as possible to the right side of the strap) and insert your hook. Holding on to both yarn ends, bring the hook over the strap, yarn over, and draw the loop through the starter loop. Pull the yarn end tight.
After you make this project, show off your work to other members!
Post your project in the gallery