How to Make a Mosaic with Your Old Plasticcomments (38) July 11th, 2014
2. Paint the wood frame in a color you like. Repeat with two more coats and allow to dry.
3. Cut cards into strips and then again into squares and rectangles. You don't have to make them into perfect squares or rectangles; it makes the mosaic look more interesting.
4. To start making the mosaic, I laid out a section of card pieces in the upper left-hand corner. The pieces should fit into each other with just a little bit of space in between each piece as shown in the photo. If you need to, trim the pieces slightly. Vary colors and shapes. You can use the backs of the cards, too! Sometimes they have interesting type and colors!
5. Turn each piece over, add glue to the back, turn back over again, then adhere to the frame.
6. When you have finished gluing down all the pieces in the section, start another section below the first. Continue until the whole frame has been filled. Trim pieces if you need to fit into the mosaic.
After you make this project, show off your work to other members!
Post your project in the gallery
Dare to Make It! Holiday
We dare you to make your own gifts and decorations this holiday season!
Find inspiration and exciting how-to projects to get you through the holiday season in DIY style.