How to Make Snuggly Slippers from Old Sweaterscomments (19) February 22nd, 2013
My feet are always cold, so I'm constantly looking for nice slippers to wear. Unfortunately, most of the affordable ones I find are made from 100% synthetic materials, which means they're not environmentally considerate AND they make your feet sweat. Yuck! So I came up with this alternative to buying slippers: Make them out of old wool sweaters. Care to join me in stitching up a pair?
- Some paper
- A pen
- An old sweater (ideally a felted wool one)
- Sewing machine
- A scrap of yarn (worsted or smaller)
- A crochet hook that suits your yarn
|More recycled sweater projects:
• Make an Embellished Blanket with Recycled Sweaters
• How to Felt Sweaters
• Make Hats from Recycled Sweaters
• How to Make Sweater Dog Toys
1. Make the pattern by tracing your foot onto a piece of paper.