How to Make a Pet Bandanacomments (9) February 3rd, 2009
Show your sense of style through your pet's attire. This pattern for a rickrack-adorned bandana can be used for any size pet.
- 1 yard of fabric
- Coordinating cotton thread
- 1 yard of rickrack
- Sewing measuring tape
1. Measure around your pet's neck and add 6 inches. This will give you enough fabric to tie in a cute knot.
2. From your fabric, cut a square of your measurement. For example: a 7-inch neck measurement + 6 inches for the knot = 13 inches total measurement. Square measurement = 13 inches x 13 inches.
3. Fold your square in half right sides together on the diagonal so it creates a triangle. Sew along all the open edges, leaving a 3-inch opening along one side to turn right side out. Try this seam-closing technique to close the opening.
4. Cut your corners and turn the bandana right side out. Place your rickrack along the edge of the bandana, then topstitch down the center of the rickrack.
After you make this project, show off your work to other members!
Post your project in the gallery