DIY Gift-Wrap Ideas for Your Handmade Creationscomments (3) June 26th, 2008
If you are tired of wrapping your homemade creations with store bought gift wraps, here are some of my top finds for alternative ways to package your gifts.
- Vicki Payne, host of DIY Crafts, creates wrapping paper using dye to paint onto Kraft paper.
- Curbly takes wrapping tips to a new level with many quick and easy ideas to personalize your gifts, including comics, fashion magazine art, or using old sewing patterns.
- DIY Life has listed some environmentally-friendly wrap ideas, such as fabric gift bags, re-purposed paper, and refashioned cardboard boxes.
- Step-by-step fabric gift wraps, from Dot Com Women, help to use up some of those extra fabric pieces you may have around the house. They also have a project using crepe paper as wrapping.
- If you want the DIY feel without the hassle there are also some handmade gift wraps to be found on etsy. Here are some gift boxes by BoxingDay. Also envelopes, monogram boxes, and bags from FabTWD.
- We even have a gift bag project right here on CraftStylish which you can use to wrap odd shaped items, such as wine bottles.
Dare to Make It! Holiday
We dare you to make your own gifts and decorations this holiday season!
Find inspiration and exciting how-to projects to get you through the holiday season in DIY style.