How to Make Pet Photo Magnetscomments (13) February 22nd, 2009
Make up a set of glass-topped magnets with your favorite photos of your pets or anything else you'd like to brighten up your refrigerator! Since we don't have a pet of our own, I borrowed photos of my friend Sarah's Australian Shepherd Saoirse and Caitlin's kitty Patches for my project.
What you'll need:
- Photos or color copies/prints of your choice, slightly larger than your glass pieces (mine were approximately 3/4 inch to 1 inch across)
- Plain paper for backing
- Sharp scissors
- Glass flat-backed marbles
- Clear silicone glue (I prefer DAP brand)
1. Cut out each of your images, along with equal-sized pieces of plain paper, larger than the glass pieces you'll be covering them with—I like to cut rough squares for simplicity. For each magnet you'll be making, you'll need one image and one extra piece of plain paper to back it with as an underlayer.
2. Place your first glass flat-backed marble over your first image. When you are pleased with the placement, add a generous dab of glue to the flat back and press it right onto the image so it highlights the area you want to show. Now glue a second layer of plain paper onto the back as an underlayer, so that the dark magnet won't show through to the image front. Let the glue dry until it's set.
After you make this project, show off your work to other members!
Post your project in the gallery