How to Make a Stacked-Button Necklacecomments (16) June 12th, 2012
2. Separate your buttons into piles by size. I had tons of white, pearl, and off-white buttons, so I chose to use these and add a bit of random bling with some gold beads. Make sure you have an even number of all your buttons as you will be splitting them up to go on either side of the necklace.
3. Start with the smallest buttons: Thread a needle onto the beading thread, and use this to thread half of the buttons onto the necklace. Since buttons have pretty big holes, you don't need to worry about using a beading needle.
4. Move on to the next size, threading half the buttons on, and continue until you reach the largest button. I used three large buttons for the center of the necklace and then started working my way down to the smallest buttons again.
5. Tie a knot at the end of the necklace, thread another bead tip on, with the halves facing outward. Tie another knot inside the tip. Clip the thread above the knot. Add a drop of jewelry glue inside the bead tip and use pliers to close the tip. Repeat for the other bead tip.
6. Add jump rings to both bead-tip hooks and close the hooks with pliers. Open one jump ring and add a clasp.
After you make this project, show off your work to other members!
Post your project in the gallery