How to Make Button-Embellished Cardscomments (50) July 23rd, 2014
2. Mark two 3-3/4-inch x 5-inch rectangles on the other sheet of cardstock. Cut out with decorative-edge scissors or, if you prefer, with an X-Acto knife.
3. Lay out all your buttons and ribbons and figure out your design. You will be working on the 3-3/4-inch x 5-inch rectangles.
4. Start with the ribbons: Lightly coat the back of the ribbons with adhesive and adhere to the cardstock as desired. Trim the ends with fabric scissors. Use your sewing machine to topstich over the ribbons. You can also add some more decorative lines with the machine if you wish.
5. Add the buttons: You will want to make guide holes in the card for the button. Hold the button on the card where you want it to go, and poke holes into the cardstock through the button holes with a needle. Thread a needle and knot at the end. Sew the button on using these holes as a guide and knot on the back of the cardstock.
6. When you are happy with your design, use a glue stick or spray adhesive to lightly coat the back of the cardstock and affix it to the front of the cards.
7. With the sewing machine, stitch around the edge of the contrasting cardstock rectangle to permanently affix to the card. If you have buttons close to the edge, either sew the cards using a zipper foot or just sew some of the sides of the card.
8. If you want, you can also add some ribbon and button embellishments to the flap of the envelope in the same way.
After you make this project, show off your work to other members!
Post your project in the gallery