How to Make a Peg Board to Organize Your Wedding Planscomments (6) April 12th, 2011
I am always looking for the perfect way to organize myself...especially when I'm planning a large event. The wonderful people at Canvas Corp recently sent me a goody box full of fun, crafty products and ideas for home decor projects. The one that really popped out was this peg-board calendar—I love it. You could use it as a calendar (which I'm going to try first), or as a place to pin up all your inspiration pics (mine come from Vogue, W, and other fashion magazines). I decided to get a big enough piece of peg board so I could use it as a "tool holder" as well.
Here's what you'll need:
- A piece of peg board (I got my 2-foot x 4-foot piece at the Home Depot)
- Spray paint in a color of your choice
- Heavy grosgrain or woven 3/8-inch ribbon
- Large-eye needle
- Clothespins (mine are from Canvas Corp—all painted and ready to go!)
- Hooks for the peg board (if you're going to use it as a tool organizer)
I started with my white peg board—you can leave it white if you like. Mine was a little dirty and my walls are white, so I decided to use some of the spray paint I had left over from the stenciled tablecloth to give it some pizzazz!
In addition to the peg board, I bought some metal hooks and heavy woven ribbon.
After you make this project, show off your work to other members!
Post your project in the gallery