Decoupage a Colorful Pendant and Earrings Setcomments (1) May 24th, 2009
This fun, sparkly set of painted and embellished pendant and earrings was inspired by my super-talented friend Kathy Cano-Murillo, the Crafty Chica herself! I started with plain wood discs from the craft store and added elements from her new line of crafty delights, but you can fancy yours up with any visual imagery and details you like.
What you'll need:
- Three wooden discs (I used one 1.5-inch circle and two 1-inch circles)
- Acrylic paint
- Jewelry adhesive
- Pendant bail
- Jump rings or soldered rings
- Three paper images of your choice, the same size or smaller than your discs (I used an Inspiration Card from the Crafty Chica line)
- Sharp scissors
- Craft glue
- Clear gloss varnish
- Three charms of your choice
- Rhinestones or other flat-backed embellishments
- Earring wires
- Chain with clasp
1. On a protected work surface, apply one coat of paint to the front and sides of each wooden disc. Let it dry completely. Flip it over and add a coat of paint to the back, too, letting it dry completely. Repeat this once more for a total of two coats on each surface.
2. Use small dabs of jewelry adhesive to attach the pendant bail to the center top on the back of the large disc, as shown, and a soldered or jump ring to the bottom center. Similarly, attach jump or soldered rings to the top and bottom centers on the back of each smaller disc. Let the glue dry completely.
After you make this project, show off your work to other members!
Post your project in the gallery