How to Make Twirly Butterfly Cards for Springcomments (12) March 18th, 2013
Break out of the one-dimensional with this twirling butterfly card made with bright cardstock and patterned papers.
This card would be the perfect companion to a handmade wedding gift or just a sweet way to say happy spring to someone you love!
What you'll need (makes one card):
- One 8-1/2-inch x 11-inch sheet of cardstock
- Scraps of decorative paper or wallpaper
- Scraps of cardstock in colors that contrast with the sheet of paper
- Binder clips
- Decorative edge scissors
- X-Acto knife, cutting mat, and ruler
- Glue stick
- One A2 envelope
1. Fold the cardstock in half lengthwise, and press the crease evenly with the side of a ruler. Cut the card in half with the X-Acto knife to make two 4-1/4-inch x 5-1/2-inch cards.
2. Cut a 3-3/4-inch x 5-inch piece of decorative paper with decorative scissors such as a scallop or zizag. Center the decorative paper on the front of the card and binder-clip it to only the front of the card. Trace a circle on the top center of the decorative paper, and cut through the decorative paper and the front of the card with an X-Acto knife.
3. Separate the decorative paper from the front of the card.
After you make this project, show off your work to other members!
Post your project in the gallery
Find ideas to create the ultimate DIY Wedding and to help plan any showers and parties this spring.