How to Make a Butterfly Mobilecomments (10) May 29th, 2015
As you can see, I have butterflies on the brain lately. I think it's because I have a serious case of spring fever! It's true, it's hard to keep me inside during these months, so at the very least, I like to make things that remind me of sunny, spring days.
This spring-inspired mobile is a perfect accent for an outdoor wedding. Imagine how pretty a few of these would be hanging from the boughs of a tree!
What you'll need:
- Paper-backed fusible webbing
- Scraps of fabric in different prints and solids
- Fabric scissors
- About 8 yards Baker's twine, embroidery floss, or thin yarn
- One embroidery hoop (I used a 6-inch one, but you can use any size)
1. Print out the butterfly PDF and use a Sharpie to trace butterflies. I filled up two pages of the paper-backed fusible webbing.
2. Choose some fabric scraps. I chose a few florals, a solid, and a cute polka-dot print. If you are making these for a wedding or another celebration, match these fabrics to your wedding colors.
After you make this project, show off your work to other members!
Post your project in the gallery
Find ideas to create the ultimate DIY Wedding and to help plan any showers and parties this spring.