Make a One-Hour Dresscomments (26) September 4th, 2014
What says summer more than a chic, lightweight dress? Sew a sophisticated asymmetrical style that can be worn for the office or date night with just a change of accessories. This dress is made from a stable knit fabric and is the perfect addition to your work or nighttime wardrobe. It has a gathered shoulder on one side for an updated silhouette on the classic sheath dress.
|Get more quick dress projects:
• How to Restyle a T-shirt into a Tiered Tea Dress
• Transform a Men's Shirt to a Cute Summer ShirtDress
• How to Embroider a Basic T-shirt Dress
What You'll Need:
Interlock knit, 2 yards
Make the Pattern
1. Take your measurements. Measure across your shoulders; this is measurement "A." Measure from your shoulders to your desired length; this is measurement "B."
2. Draw two rectangles. Draw a rectangle that's half measurement A plus 1-inch wide and measurement B long, as shown below (rectangle 1). Flush to the right of rectangle 1, draw a second rectangle that's half measurement A plus 10 inches wide and measurement B long (rectangle 2). The line the rectangles share is center front and back. The two rectangles form one pattern piece.
After you make this project, show off your work to other members!
Post your project in the gallery