How to Sew with Sheer Fabricscomments (8) May 27th, 2011
Narrow chiffon hem
Even though there is a raw edge in the chiffon hem, the second stitching holds it close and prevents raveling. Use this technique to hem large, square scarves, as well as garments.
1) Mark the hemline.
2) Trim the hem allowance to 1⁄2 inch.
3) Stitch on the hemline all the way around the garment.
4) Press the hem allowance to the wrong side along the stitched hemline.
5) Edgestitch again through all layers, close to the original hemline.
6) Trim the excess hem allowance with appliqué scissors, close to the second row of stitching.