A Blooming Tutorial (from a Winner of the Tote Bag Challenge!)comments (4) September 16th, 2008
Here is a tutorial for the blooms on my blooming tote that won the Tote-ally Crafty Bag Challenge! As promised, I have provided step-by-step instructions so you can bring some blooms into your life. You are just 11 steps away.
What You'll Need:
- Sewing machine (don’t worry, it can be done by hand)
- Measuring tape
- Iron and ironing board
- 3 to 10 different fabrics (including one thick material)
1. Once you gather all of the needed materials including fabric, which can be coordinating, completely random, or just the scraps you have lying around, cut 6 to 10 triangles out of the material. These should be isosceles triangles approximately 4 inches tall and 3 inches across the bottom.
2. Next, set out your triangles in the order that you wish them to be in the flower. Lay out every other one upside down so that they will create a rectangular shape all together.
3. Pin the triangles together one at a time, sewing two together then adding another. Use a 1/4-inch guide on your machine. This will allow your triangles to fit together nicely. However, don’t worry about perfection. Imperfection creates more interesting and creative blooms.
After you make this project, show off your work to other members!
Post your project in the gallery