DIY Fishtail Braided Anchor Braceletcomments (0) December 21st, 2012 in gallery
(This post is from my DIY blog, SwellMayde. You can check out more projects at www.swellmayde.com!)
To see the full tutorial with easy-to-follow pictures, go here: http://www.swellmayde.com/2012/10/diy-fishtail-braided-anchor-bracelet.html .
- hemp cord in 2 colors (here)
- metal anchor (here)
- small jump rings
- 2 metal cord tips (here)
- 1 lobster claw (here)
- pliers- scissors
- masking tape
1. Cut 2 lengths of the white cording (18" each) and 2 of the blue cording (18" each). Lay each strip next to each other, fold in half, and loop through the anchor.
2. Take the ends of the strips and pass them through the loop.
3. Pull tightly.
4. Tape the anchor to the table. Separate the cords by color (2 cords each), as shown in photo.
5. Place the 2 white cords on the right with the 2 white cords/2 blue cords on the left.
6. Place the other 2 white cords from the left side to the right side.
7. Repeat with the blue cords. Take the 2 blue cords on the right side and bring to the left side.
8. Take the 2 blue cords on the left side and bring to the right side.
9. Continue the fishtail braid until it is about 1/2 as long as your wrist circumference.
10. Clamp the metal cord at the end of the braid, using your pliers.
11. Repeat steps 1-3, for the other end of the anchor.
12. Repeat steps 4-10 for the other braided end. Add 1 jump ring to one of the cord tips. Then, add a jump ring and lobster claw to the other cord tip.
Pattern or design used: My own design - SwellMayde