Make One Adorable Apron from Two Colorful Napkinscomments (5) July 25th, 2013
Here's a little project you can do in no time at all. I bought two great 20-inch square cotton napkins at a popular home accessories store for $3.00 each and some coordinating ribbon at a fabric store, sewed them together without cutting into the napkins at all, and the result is an apron that's not just cute but really useful, too. And I put it all together in less than an hour.
To make this apron, here's what you do:
1. Fold in the first napkin along the top edge at the corners, enough to make it fit the chest cap.
2. Sew across the top to hold the folds in place and edgestitch along the folds to the waist through all thicknesses.
3. Fold the second napkin in half, wrong sides together, and press along the fold. Sew a strip of decorative ribbon to the fold edge, turning the ribbon ends under at the outer edges.
4. Attach the back half only of napkin 2 to napkin 1.
5. Sew the two layers of napkin 2 together along the bottom edge and attach it to napkin 1 along at the sides.
6. Attach lengths of ribbon at the waist to form the ties and at the neck to make the strap.
7. To finish the ends of the ties: Fold the ribbon in half, right sides together, and stitch across the end.
After you make this project, show off your work to other members!
Post your project in the gallery