make jewellery from old CDscomments (1) June 30th, 2010
You will need:
old CD or DVD with printed back side
(your own homemade CDs wont work because the unprinted backing will peel off)
permanent stamp pad (StaZon)
small hole punch
optional: permanent markers
- stamp with permanent ink on the silver side of the CD.
- heat the image with the heat gun carefully, you only need to warm the plastic
- take care the area is well ventilated
- if the plastik is very warm, cut roughly around the image. Then- bit by bit- cut more and more accurate to get a more detailled shape. (photo 4 and 5)
- reheat the CD if necessary, it is important that you only cut if the pastik is warm to prevent cracking.
- if plastic is still warm you may punch a small hole, but only a SMALL one will work!
- color the image if desired, but take care not to smear the stamped image with the permanent markers.
- you may use the charm on card or as a pendant, have fun
Hot tip: To get a nice back stamp the image a second time on the BACK of some sticker paper, cut out and peel of the back, attach to tha back of the charm.
PS: This will work with any scissors, I prefer the cheap ones because the become blunt after cutting a lot CDs.